ACTHIV 2019 CME/CE Information
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
The 13th Annual American Conference for the Treatment of HIV (ACTHIV) is the premier conference in the United States dedicated exclusively to frontline clinicians caring for individuals living with HIV infection or who are at risk of acquiring HIV infection. The conference delivers information to learners on new developments and research findings that can be rapidly translated and directly applied to the clinical setting.
ACTHIV is targeted toward the frontline care team of persons with or at risk of acquiring HIV infection: physicians (both specialists and primary care/family medicine), advanced practice nurses, nurses, physician assistants, pharmacists, and medical case managers (including social workers).
Psychologists, mental health and substance abuse workers, treatment advocates, treatment educators, researchers and other healthcare professionals involved in caring for those living with or at risk of acquiring HIV are also encouraged to attend.
GLOBAL CONFERENCE OBJECTIVES / LEARNING OUTCOMES
At the conclusion of the conference, learners should be better able to:
- Review foundational concepts for diagnosing, treating and managing people with HIV
- Implement strategies optimizing antiretroviral therapy in both treatment naive and experienced adults
- Assess the evolving challenges and opportunities for managing hepatitis coinfection and liver disease in persons living with HIV
- Incorporate best practices for the prevention and management of comorbidities and HIV-related complications in persons living with HIV
- Apply new insights for providing patient-centered care for your HIV positive clients
- Identify challenges and opportunities for improving PrEP implementation in your practice setting
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Beaumont Health, American Academy of CME, Inc., and the American Conference for the Treatment of HIV (ACTHIV). Beaumont Health is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Beaumont Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 18.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
American Board of Internal Medicine Maintenance of Certification Credits
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 18.75 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit. Your points will be automatically submitted to the ABIM on your behalf; please allow 6-8 weeks for your points to display on the ABIM website.
CLAIMING MOC POINTS: If you intend to claim MOC points for your participation, you will need to provide your unique, six-digit ABIM ID Number when completing your evaluation. Physicians who do not know their ABIM ID can look it up on ABIM’s website https://www.abim.org/online/findcand.aspx.
Nurse Practitioners and Nurses:
This activity is jointly provided by American Academy of CME, Inc., Beaumont Health, and the American Conference for the Treatment of HIV (ACTHIV). American Academy of CME, Inc. is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. American Academy of CME, Inc. designates this educational activity for 18.75 contact hours. Please check onsite for pharmacotherapeutic contact hours available for each session.
In order to receive your CE certificate, you must register for the conference, document attendance, and go online and complete an evaluation. A statement of credit may be printed after submitting the evaluation.
AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME or a recognized state medical society. Physician assistants may receive a maximum of 18.75 hours of Category 1 credit for completing this program.
American Academy of CME, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
- HIV: The Basics. This session provides 3.5 contact hours (0.35 CEUs) of continuing education credit. ACPE Universal Activity Number 0297-9999-19-002-L02-P. Knowledge
- Opening Plenary. This session provides 1.5 contact hours (0.15 CEUs) of continuing education credit. ACPE Universal Activity Number 0297-9999-19-003-L02-P. Application
- Session 1 – ART. This session provides 2.5 contact hours (0.25 CEUs) of continuing education credit. ACPE Universal Activity Number 0297-9999-19-004-L02-P, Application
- Breakfast with the Experts—Friday. This session provides 1.0 contact hours (0.1 CEUs) of continuing education credit. ACPE Universal Activity Number 0297-9999-19-005-L02-P. Application
- Session 2 – HCV. This session provides 3.25 contact hours (0.325 CEUs) of continuing education credit. ACPE Universal Activity Number 0297-9999-19-006-L02-P. Application
- Session 3 – Complications and Comorbidities. This session provides 2.5 contact hours (0.25 CEUs) of continuing education credit. ACPE Universal Activity Number 0297-9999-19-007-L02-P. Application
- Breakfast with the Experts—Saturday. This session provides 1.0 contact hours (0.1 CEUs) of continuing education credit. ACPE Universal Activity Number 0297-9999-19-008-L02-P. Application
- Session 4 – Hot Topics. This session provides 1.75 contact hours (0.175 CEUs) of continuing education credit. ACPE Universal Activity Number 0297-9999-19-009-L02-P. Application
- Session 5 – Cases in PrEP Implementation. This session provides 1.0 contact hours (0.1 CEUs) of continuing education credit. ACPE Universal Activity Number 0297-9999-19-010-L02-P. Application
- Closing Plenary. This session provides 0.75 contact hours (0.75 CEUs) of continuing education credit. ACPE Universal Activity Number 0297-9999-19-011-L02-P. Knowledge
In order to obtain your statement of credit, you must register for the conference, document attendance, and complete an online evaluation form. Your statement of credit will be issued through CPE Monitor in 6-8 weeks.
An application will be filed with the National Association for social worker credit.
Registration for the conference includes continuing education credits.
- Early Bird Registration (Prior to March 1, 2019): $400
- Standard Registration (After March 1, 2019): $500
- Residents/Fellows/Students: $275
According to the disclosure policy of Academy and Beaumont, all faculty, planning committee members, editors, managers and other individuals who are in a position to control content are required to disclose any relevant relationships with any commercial interests related to this activity. The existence of these interests or relationships is not viewed as implying bias or decreasing the value of the presentation. All educational materials are reviewed for fair balance, scientific objectivity and levels of evidence. Disclosures will be made known to the participants prior to the activity.
The opinions expressed in this educational activity are those of the faculty, and do not represent those of Academy, Beaumont, ACTHIV, or American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. This activity is intended as a supplement to existing knowledge, published information, and practice guidelines. Learners should appraise the information presented critically, and draw conclusions only after careful consideration of all available scientific information.
Please check back for updates as conference supporters are confirmed.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, ACTHIV will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate persons with disabilities. Please contact Debbie Cooke at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.