To offer a learning experience at ACTHIV that specifically targets providers who are in training or who are new to HIV medicine.
- New HIV Providers are matched with experienced HIV clinicians from the ACTHIV Conference Planning Committee
- Mentors will share key takeaways from the day’s sessions
- Mentors and mentees will break into small interprofessional groups to discuss cases where learners can apply what they learned that day to clinical scenarios
Approximately 30 Infectious Disease, Internal Medicine and Family Medicine physicians, NPs, PAs, nurses, pharmacists, and case managers
who are new to HIV medicine or in training.
1. Each track participant is encouraged to submit an abstract for poster presentation (this is not mandatory)
2. The ACTHIV New Providers Track
In addition to the Plenary Sessions and General Sessions on Friday and Saturday, track participants are expected to attend the following sessions:
|*Participant Orientation||Wednesday – 6:30pm – 7:15pm|
|*HIV: The Basics||Thursday – 9:00am – 12:30pm|
|*Case Discussions||Thursday – 6:45pm – 7:30pm
Friday – 5:00pm – 6:00pm
3. Track participants will be placed in a small group led by one of the ACTHIV Conference Planning Committee members who will serve as a mentor for the group throughout the conference.
*Each mentor/participant group may meet at 12:30pm – 1:00pm during lunch each day to review the sessions and address questions.
*Mentors will recap key takeaways from the day and lead case-based discussions in which small groups of participants would address 4-5 cases and report to the larger group.
How to Participate:
To participate, please apply when registering for the conference. Individuals selected for the track will be notified of their acceptance prior to the conference. Participants will be expected to complete brief pre- and post-track surveys to assess their experience.